[Cobo] Questions about vendor file interface

Maria L Moccia-Wolff mlw7311 at okstate.edu
Mon Aug 18 09:22:09 CDT 2003

Bobby,

We have some questions about the attachment you sent recently titled
"Nightly Vendor File Interface - Higher Ed".

First, about the business unit (agency) identifier, field #2.  How will
this be used?  This is not noted as an optional field.  If we enter
business unit 01000, will this prevent other business units (agencies)
from adding or using this vendor?

Second, about the vendor type, EMP or TIN, field #22.  Which should we use
for travel claims?  Will this change Jan 1, when we expect that direct
deposit of travel checks will resume?

Third, Code SSN/TIN (field #24).  How will this field be used?  Sometimes
it is difficult to distinguish between a SSN and TIN for vendors.

Fourth, there are some fields which seem to be intended for use with EFT
transactions (Bank ID Number, field #25, Bank Account Type, #26, Bank
Account Number, #27).   Should we be populating these fields for travel
claims effective Oct 1?  What about after Jan 1?  Should they always be
left blank for non-travel claims?

Thanks.

Maria