[COPLAC-IR] From Bill Spellman: COPLAC IR Meeting

Lynn Boyce lboyce at usao.edu
Thu May 5 11:59:32 CDT 2011

Dear COPLAC Colleagues:

Thank you for completing the Data Profile for 2011. As a number of thoughts
were shared via email regarding aspects of the current instrument, I thought
I would take this opportunity to ask for your advice going forward.

In particular, I wonder if it would be helpful if we brought together a
small working group to discuss the current data profile and how it might be
improved to best serve each and every member institution. Your group is
among the most responsive in terms of engaging and asking the hard questions
about this annual document. I know that a number of campuses use the Profile
in forwarding campus-based projects, but I suspect that it could always
stand improvement.

1.      Could you respond to my email address spellman at coplac.org  if you
think that such a meeting say for 1.5 days and involving four or five
individuals, would be productive?

2.      If you do think that it would be worthwhile to hold such a meeting,
could your identify three or four areas where new or additional
information/categories would be of value to your campus-based work?

3.      Would you be interested in being part of the working group at a
meeting if I were able to enlist support from the COPLAC Board?

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Bill Spellman
Director