[COPLAC-IR] FW: Message to COPLAC listserv

Lynn Boyce lboyce at usao.edu
Mon Feb 11 13:33:13 CST 2013

Dear COPLAC Institutional Research Colleagues:

At its most recent meeting (23 January) in Atlanta, the COPLAC board
(Presidents/Chancellors) agreed that the 2013 Annual Meeting should include
institutional research/institutional effectiveness officers. The meeting
will be hosted by Shepherd University, WV on 20-22 June.

This invitation to attend the Annual Meeting is prompted by two
considerations:

1     IR officers will have an opportunity to discuss and refine the current
COPLAC data profile. While discussion about this annual document has taken
place via email, we believe that it would be good for the group to meet in
person and agree specific changes moving forward.

2.      COPLAC has launched a two-year effort to strengthen branding and
communications. A new communications committee has been created, and this
committee will draft a set of COPLAC common "Quality Indicators". The board
believes that when consortium-wide "Quality Indicators" have been
identified, they should be supported by qualitative and quantitative data.
This is where IR and IE expertise will prove invaluable.

I hope that you will be able to join us at the June meeting. If your campus
has a separate officer for institutional effectiveness, would you kindly
forward this email to that colleague? For additional information about the
Atlanta board meeting and your potential role at the Shepherd meeting,
please contact your president/chancellor. We realize that not every IR/IE
campus leader will be able to attend, but it would be wonderful if a
majority of campuses were represented.

Sincerely,

Bill

Bill Spellman