[COPLAC-IR] COPLAC Annual Data Profile...

Clune-Kneuer, Elizabeth eaclune at smcm.edu
Tue May 21 10:40:52 CDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I just received this question from
other offices that I was obtaining information from:

The COPLAC data profile 2011-2012, Section IV, question 15.2.C references
excluding quasi-endowed funds (i.e. Board Designated Endowment).
We have two kinds of quasi endowments - 1) Board Designated and 2) Donor
has stipulated that the corpus can be spent.
I can find no reference to the second type of quasi in relation to COPLAC
definitions.
My question is should the type 2 quasi endowments be excluded as well as
the Board Designated endowment?

Can you please help me clarify to them how we should be classifying these
funds?

Thanks!

~Elizabeth

Elizabeth A. Clune-Kneuer, M.Ed.
Associate Director of Institutional Research
St. Mary's College of Maryland
18952 E. Fisher Rd.
Glendening Hall 254
St. Mary's City, MD 20686