[COPLAC-IR] schools in NSSE but not consortium

Coghlan, Laura coghlanl at evergreen.edu
Wed Oct 2 13:21:52 CDT 2013

Greetings Brian and NSSE consortium institutions,

After considerable deliberation, Evergreen is now signed up for the COPLAC consortium.  I did this so that our results will be included in the aggregate report that will be sent to Brian as our NSSE coordinator.  It has been a few years since we've had this level of participation as a group, so it would seem a shame to opt out.   We want to be in the official COPLAC aggregate report in case we want to do any consortium publications or conference presentations that include NSSE 2014 results.  This was a hard call, since I could still have institutionally-relevant comparison data to COPLAC (for accreditation, etc.) by choosing the institutions as my custom group and thus avoided administering the 10 additional questions that are not useful.

Thank you Brian for asking NSSE folks about customization options for the default comparison group; that is particularly useful information.   My plan is to make Evergreen's COPLAC comparison dataset as complete as possible in our institutional report, so I will take advantage of the opportunity to add Fort Lewis, Georgia State, and any of the other 5 COPLAC schools participating (if they don't officially join the consortium).  According to Jennifer at NSSE, we'll have that option in May/June.

Laura Coghlan
Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA
(360) 867-6676