[COPLAC-IR] Peer Question about Chief Diversity Officer

Coghlan, Laura coghlanl at evergreen.edu
Mon Feb 27 12:18:21 CST 2017

Greeting COPLAC IR Colleagues,

Evergreen is in the process of framing and recruiting our first chief diversity officer (likely to be a VP level position).  I’ve been asked to reach out to our COPLAC peers to inquire whether you have such a position on your campuses, and if so, whether you would be willing to share a copy of the position description with our administration and the search committee.  We are particularly interested in where such positions reside within your administrative structures, as we consider where this new leadership position might be most effective.

I realize that IR folks may not have direct access to position descriptions, unless they are available via something on-line; but I’m hoping that if you have such a position, you might forward this request and the Evergreen contact person’s info to your HR/Personnel Office.

Laura

Contact information if you (or your HR office) are able to share a position description:
Holly E. Joseph
Executive Associate to the Vice President for Finance and Administration
The Evergreen State College
Email:  josephh at evergreen.edu<mailto:josephh at evergreen.edu>
360-867-6510 (ph)
360-867-6577 (fax)

Laura Coghlan
Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA