[Counselors] Question

Michelle Dodgen mdodgen at wpsok.org
Fri Dec 13 08:36:51 CST 2013

Weatherford schools uses Alert Now. I love this service because we can either send it through, text, voice, or email. We can send mass messages or select messages to certain parents. We use it a great deal for testing reminders & activity/club reminders such as athletic games changes and cancellations. I also send it out if we are having a food drive or coat drive, like we are having right now. We also use it for emergency messages and school closings. Below is the information. I am not sure the cost of the service, but it is definitely an asset to have for our school. Hope this helps.

Login		Contact

Why AlertNow?

Solutions

Support

About Us

Try It Now

LEARN MORE

› Capabilities

› News Room
› Case Studies
› Testimonials

In today’s digital landscape, school administrators are increasingly under pressure to enhance school safety and security, increase parental involvement, improve student achievement and build community engagement. AlertNow is an industry-leading rapid notification service, designed specifically for the K-12 community, to send out messages to a large number of people quickly and effectively. AlertNow, a service of Blackboard Connect, is implemented in thousands of schools throughout all 50 states to provide a cost-effective, reliable and user-friendly communication solution to educators.

With AlertNow, educational administrators and leaders can send out voice calls, email messages or SMS messages to students, parents and staff. Establishing a reliable channel for communicating helps schools and districts share information effectively and efficiently. In time-sensitive situations, parents and guardians can receive information and details directly from the school. Not just for emergencies, AlertNow is beneficial in sending out routine school messages, such as attendance reports, low lunch balance alerts and event and meeting reminders.

FEATURED ITEMS

Local Districts Use Social Media During Winter Weather
Area schools are bracing for the winter weather. While many districts are planning to hold classes Friday…

School Official: Parents Expect Instant Alerts
The Sioux Falls School District is using e-mails and phone messages to tell parents...

NSBA
April 9-11 -- San Francisco, CA

ISTE
June 26-29 -- Philadelphia, PA

more events

HAZEN SCHOOLS

"We are very happy with AlertNow. We have had an excellent response from our parents and it is a great tool for us."

- Mike Ness,
Superintendent

read more

AlertNow, a service of Blackboard Connect

Terms of Use : Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2010 AlertNow. All rights reserved.
Michelle Dodgen
WMS Counselor
580-772-2270
mdodgen at wpsok.org