[Counselors] Another question for you re: college scholarships

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Fri Nov 8 11:02:33 CST 2013

So, how do the students apply to receive these scholarships that they are given at the Counselor luncheons?
Stacy Falwell  falwells at tahlequahschools.org<mailto:falwells at tahlequahschools.org>

SWOSU - Sayre Campus gives a $400 scholarship to one of your students in attendance at their Career Day.in November.
Charlene Carter  chcarter at sayre.k12.ok.us<mailto:chcarter at sayre.k12.ok.us>

Langston gave out $1500 per Counselor who attended their luncheon yesterday.  We sent 2 Counselors so we got $3000.

Karrie Freeman
9th grade Counselor
Westmoore High School
(405)735-4826
karriefreeman at mooreschools.com<mailto:karriefreeman at mooreschools.com>

NSU gave one as well. $600 I think!
Colleen Carney ccarner at lg.k12.ok.us<mailto:ccarner at lg.k12.ok.us>

These are the ones I remember. NSU $500, UCO $1000, NEO $600, Connor State $600, OU did for furthest school $500, RSU draws for them $500.
Blake Crawford  crawfordb at pryor.k12.ok.us<mailto:crawfordb at pryor.k12.ok.us>

NWOSU in Alva gives $600 to every senior who attends Ranger Preview, but I do not believe they give out scholarships at the Counselor luncheon.
Alysson Tucker amtucker at alvaschools.net<mailto:amtucker at alvaschools.net>

NEO/ Miami
Connors State College, Warner
Judy Moore JMoore at hilldageps.org<mailto:JMoore at hilldageps.org>

NEO at Miami gives a $500 scholarship to each counselor.
NSU at Tahlequah gives a $600 scholarship to each counselor.
RSU at Claremore has a drawing for seven $500 scholarships.
Linda Bates  lbates at Chelseadragons.net<mailto:lbates at Chelseadragons.net>

Connor's State has in the past.
NEO
UCO
SWOSU has done a drawing in the past
Angela Schottel  aschottel at bixbyps.org<mailto:aschottel at bixbyps.org>

Rogers St University in Claremore
Connors St College in Warner
NEO A&M in Miami
UCO in Edmond
OU used to have a drawing but not sure what the chances of winning one is. We have never won one from OU.

Sheila Williams
Wilson Schools
Okmulgee county
Sheila Williams  swilliams at wpstigers.k12.ok.us<mailto:swilliams at wpstigers.k12.ok.us>

OU has given a $500 scholarship for at least the past three years.  Counselor Day is in early September.
Carol Spears  cspears at rpsok.org<mailto:cspears at rpsok.org>

NEO in Miami
UCO in Edmond
gdubois at ridgerunners.net<mailto:gdubois at ridgerunners.net>
The only one I am aware of is UCO.

Vickie L. Baker
EHS Counselor for Juniors
Vickie Baker  vbaker at lawtonps.org<mailto:vbaker at lawtonps.org>
Rogers State University in Claremore does.
Dee Monroe  dmonroe at vps.k12.ok.us<mailto:dmonroe at vps.k12.ok.us>
I only know of UCO.
Dana Martin dana.martin at guymontigers.com<mailto:dana.martin at guymontigers.com>
UCO is the only one I know of.  I think SWOSU has had a drawing in the past but I hear it is a long shot.  IF there are more, please let me know!
Jill Moery  jmoery at hps.k12.ok.us<mailto:jmoery at hps.k12.ok.us>
NEO in Miami - I think it's $500
UCO in Edmond - Tomorrow (11/6)!!!! Gives $1000
Tammy S. Duncan  tsduncan at alvaschools.net<mailto:tsduncan at alvaschools.net>

Question:
Does anyone out there have a list of the colleges that give out scholarships at their Counselor Luncheon's/Workshops?  I was trying to put together a master list of the counselor luncheon's dates, so I can be better prepared for next year.  I hate to miss the ones that give out a free scholarship.  I know some do and some don't.  If any of you guys would share, that would be AWESOME!