[Counselors] Crisis Training with Henry Petree

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Aug 1 15:59:33 CDT 2014

Henry Petree is thorough and captivating in presentation. He shares his
knowledge in a hands-on way that makes you immediately capable to handle
the process of debriefing a crisis situation so that the healing may begin.
 If you have never been a part of training for this, it is crucial to
anyone who steps up when a crisis presents itself. A small group of 3 of us
were trained from Guymon in 2007 and then we hosted a training of 22 just a
few months later. Since that time, we have had the unfortunate need to use
the training multiple times in the Panhandle area.  I cannot express
adequately how thankful I am that such a team exists due to the practical
knowledge gleaned through this training.

Please find a way to attend if you never have before. I highly recommend it
without reservation for anyone asked to assist after a critical incident
has occurred: counselors, "go-to" teachers, pastors, emergency people,
concerned citizens...  No prior training is needed.  Well worth the costs...

Dana Martin
Guymon High School Counselor

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board
<counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> Henry Petree will be at Western Technology Center, Burns Flat,  for
> training on Oct. 8 & 9 from 8-4 both days. It is a very intense training.
> The cost is $195.00 whether you are a newcomer or need a refresher course.
> It will take place on the BF WTC Campus Seminar Center both days. Hotels in
> Clinton or Elk City would be a suggestion for hotel rooms.
>

> Henry Petree is the Founder/Director of the "Oklahoma Education Critical
> Incident Network". The network responds to Critical Incidents on school
> campuses throughout Oklahoma. Author of " Why are our kids killing kids"
> and "In Perspective" also the developer the game "Choices", a card game
> that teaches teens to make good choices, while having fun.
>
> Specialties:  He has trained over 700 school counselors, law enforcement
> officers and others to respond to Critical Incidents throughout Oklahoma.
> Since 1999, he has maintained a statewide database of crisis counselors
> that respond to critical incidents on school campuses statewide. He has
> responded to hundreds of Critical Incidents from The Oklahoma City Bombing
> to 911.
>

> Henry encourages not only counselors to attend his training, but pastors,
> law enforcement, firefighters-anyone that deals with crises.
>

> If you have any questions regarding his training, do not hesitate to call
> Cheri Lou Gastineau at 580-562-3181 ext. 280 or email her at
> cgastineau at westtech.edu

Dana Martin, M.Ed.
11th & 12th Counselor
Guymon High School