[Counselors] Questions 1. Math class 2. help with student

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 20 15:40:23 CST 2014

From: Shyanne Gatrost [mailto:shyanne.gatrost at pawnee.k12.ok.us]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:42 PM

  I have a few questions if you would not mind sending them out on the list serve!

1. I would like to offer a math class after Algebra 2 that is not as rigorous as trig or calculus. I wanted to know what math classes other schools offer and how students do in the class. Does this math class also help students not have to take a remedial math class in college? Basically, I am asking what alternative math classes do you offer at your school?

2. I have a drama issue with a student. The student has been in and out of the principal's office as well as mine. I have provided the student with communication tools as well as helping the student recognize when he/she is the one causing the drama. The principal has had several conversations with the student regarding the drama. What we are doing is not working and I am out of ideas on how to better help this student. Any ideas, tools, or resources would be greatly appreciated. This student is a sophomore, if that helps.

Shyanne Gatrost
Pawnee High School Counselor