[Counselors] Alt Ed curriculum

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Mar 28 12:23:12 CDT 2014

Each student is different.  A lot of my students are in the program because
they are already 18 and due to circumstances beyond their control, they
would otherwise probably be drop outs.  I use the exact curriculum of our
teachers, I just do a subject at a time for each individual student and if
they finish it, they can move on.  They still have to do the same work, so
yes, I believe that it is fine depending on the circumstance.  If they are
rushing through and can't pass the EOI's then they need to slow down.  I
have been successful in making sure my students are passing
EOI's when they finish their course.  As a study tool, we use Study Island
in each of our core subjects and then we implemented a  curriculum on each
additional subject.  Some of my students do regular ed some of the day and
attend career tech when they have obtained the proper credits.