[Counselors] Fw: Re[2]: QUESTION: OAM

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Mar 31 11:24:24 CDT 2014

I agree. There should be a full time DTC at every school. By end of the
year, counselors are working on graduation related duties as well as other
priority jobs. I also teach class, am DTC as well as BTC for HS, administer
tests when the TAs do not show up, and still helping seniors with
applications and scholarships, etc. Additionally, this is my youngest
child's last year and of course I would rather enjoy being her mom rather
than administering additional tests that may or may not be used next year. I
feel they should have administered field tests in the Fall and NOT along
with operational testing. However, I am trying to stay positive. It is the
only way to sanely make it through the testing season.