[Counselors] Summer Institute July 21-24

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu May 15 08:55:16 CDT 2014

Good morning Counselors,
The end of the year is getting close, some of you are finished already (the students have left the building that is)!  Congratulations for making it through another year or getting close to ending the year, YAHOO!!  Give yourselves a great big hug and a pat on the back!!  I know that you are not finished yet and you still have a lot to do.  Hang in there and remember to breathe, summer will be here soon!

Some of you have already registered for the Summer Institute July 21 -24 at Quartz Mountain.
If you have not and you plan to attend, please go here to register:  http://www.okhighered.org/epas/prof-dev.shtml#summer

The agenda should be up by next week; here is a sneak peek:  (Please pay close attention to the words in red)

Lynn Jones and Melissa White from State Department of Education, "Q & A with SDE" - please send me an email with questions that you have so they can be prepared;
Dr. Cindy Dougherty, Dean of Students from SWOSU - "Who Counsels the Counselor and How to Deal with Difficult People";
Dr. Chuck Edgington - "Brain and the Behavior in the Classroom";
Carol Alexander, OSRHE - "OK Promise Info and Updates";
Mr. Craig Bass, XAP Representative -"The new OKcollegestart.org website", bring a laptop or an iPad;
Judy Trice and Cari Lousch, ACT Consultants - "ACT Updates and Aspire";
College Admissions Panel - let me know any questions that you would like to ask,
Round Table Discussions - if you would like to lead a round table discussion, please send me an email.

We have a lot of stuff just for you!  Of course we will also have the legislative updates too.  I want this time to be relaxing and enjoyable.  Matt will bring his guitar and play some tunes for you on the patio.  No singing or dancing is required! (Unless you feel the need to, then you are welcome to join in)

I hope that you have a restful summer (what you get of it!)  Please be sure and take some time for yourself!  Don't hesitate to call, 580.614.1328, or email, lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>, if you have any questions!
Take care and enjoy the day!
Lisa Nelson
Field Coordinator for Student Preparation
Cell phone: 580.614.1328
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/epas<http://www.okhighered.org/epas>

"The kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving ways."  ~ Dr. Russell Barkley