[Counselors] Free Bullying Program

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Sep 16 23:48:41 CDT 2014

OSU-IT has a variety of seminars they will do for FREE (I've attached their
offerings), and although it isn't listed on the attachment, they do have a
bullying seminar that is interactive, very current, and relevant. They come
to our campus - Northeast Technology Center, Claremore-and our students
really benefit from it. The contact is Nate Todd, and most likely, Kandice
Burleson will be your presenter. Kandace related very well to both our high
school students as well as to our adult students.

Topics covered included:

.         What is bullying, cyberbullying, and sexting?

.         How to avoid bullies as well as tips and steps to take when being
bullied

.         Symptoms to watch for when someone is being bullied

.         Why do people become bullies?

.         Students also took a bullying quiz and had discussion

Nate's contact information is below.

Nate C. Todd

Director of Prospective Student Services

Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology

1801 E. 4th Street

Okmulgee, OK 74447

Phone: 918-293-5296

Fax: 918-293-4715