[Counselors] Question about Science classes for HS

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Apr 21 11:40:06 CDT 2015

Our progression is as follows:
      Freshman - Physical Science
     Sophomore - Biology I
     Junior - Chemistry
     Other classes - Biology 2, Anatomy  & Physiology (we teach chem one year and anatomy the next)
epoley at tyrone.k12.ok.us<mailto:epoley at tyrone.k12.ok.us>

Freshman all take Biology Pre AP.  Sophomores do Chem I or Chem I Pre AP.  Then Juniors typically take Physics I or AP Physics.    However, if they pass Chemistry as a sophomore, they can choose to take something else instead of Physics.

Our full science offerings after sophomore Chemistry are:  * denotes weighted credit
Anatomy & Physiology

Astronomy/Zoology

Biology AP*
Biology IBHL I*

Biology IBHL II*

Chemistry AP*
Chemistry IBSL*

Chemistry IBHL*

Environmental Science AP*

Forensics

Physics C AP*

Physics I

Physics I AP*

Physics IBHL*

Robotics (elective)

Sports Exercise & Health Sci. IBSL*

Jennifer Sack | Counselor
Tulsa Public Schools,  Booker T. Washington High School
1514 E. Zion St, Room 319, Tulsa, OK 74106
T: 918-925-1004
sackje at tulsaschools.org<mailto:sackje at tulsaschools.org>
www.tulsaschools.org<http://www.tulsaschools.org/>