[Counselors] Question about Science classes for HS

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Apr 21 16:37:45 CDT 2015

*Guymon High School*
9th - Physical Science or Earth and Space
10th - Biology 1
11th and 12th - Physics, Biology 2, Forensic Science, Chemistry, Botany,
Zoology, and Human Anatomy

All are lab sciences. Most have both sheltered and honors options. Human
Anatomy and Physics are only offered as honors. Chemistry has I, II, and AP
options and may be started as a sophomore if so desired.
--Dana Martin

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:18 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

>  Freshmen --- Physical Science
>
> Sophomore --- Biology
>
> Junior ---- Anatomy/Physiology or Zoology or Chemistry or Environmental
> Science. We switch Anatomy/Physiology with Zoology every other year.
>
> bpruett at okunion.k12.ok.us
>
> We are just changing ours back to Physical Science, Biology, then the
> choice of Biology II, Chemistry, Human Anatomy, and Physics (not AP).
>
> rbowden at auroraok.org
>

> On 04/21/15, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board <
> counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:
>

> What is your class progression for Science classes in your high school?
> And what are all of the science courses you offer your high school students?
>
> Thank you!

Dana Martin, M.Ed.
11th & 12th Counselor
Guymon High School