[Counselors] Personal Financial Literacy

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Apr 28 13:30:38 CDT 2015

We have it at high school only, at this time.
When it is included in another class, we make sure the form is completed and ensure the required statement is on the high school transcript. The student does not receive an extra credit and the course is not listed on the transcript, it does complete the requirement. (Then, of course, the student can take it as a separate class, for grade and credit.)
abrierton at lawtonps.org<mailto:abrierton at lawtonps.org>

Our school takes it in the middle school years to meet the requirement.  No gpa added and only listed as a requirement met on the notes section of our transcript with date completed
sabrinawood at morrisonps.com<mailto:sabrinawood at morrisonps.com>

We offer to Jr. High also, contained within a class.  We don't offer separate credit for it, whether it's taken in Jr. High or High School. We do count it for our checklist as having been taken before Graduation. It is contained within a class at the High School level as well.  if a student has not taken it by the Senior year, they will have to take it separately, but it still does not count as credit, and can be finished in 1 semester. Therefore, it is never part of the GPA. It is documented on the transcript in the phrase on Notes, as having been completed.
mhinchee at whitesboro.k12.ok.us<mailto:mhinchee at whitesboro.k12.ok.us>