[Counselors] Peer tutoring

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Jun 11 10:19:52 CDT 2015

Our NHS students do academic tutoring for fellow students who need some extra help.  They are required to earn tutoring points as part of NHS so it helps both parties.

Our Teen Advisory Board also started a "big sibs" program this year.  Seniors act as mentors to new freshmen in their advisory classes.  Our advisory classes are mixed grades (9-12) and students stay with that same advisory class/teacher all four years.  The older kids are assigned to freshmen and they are supposed to form a relationship, answer questions, give advice about clubs and activities to get involved with, etc.

Jennifer Sack, Counselor
Booker T. Washington
Tulsa