[Counselors] Counselor Office

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Mar 6 10:25:12 CST 2015

Well, I took the last space left in our high school building, a large
closet for storage.  Best move of my life.  I'm directly off the hallway
and it gives me distance from the main office. I can be at the office in a
jiffy, but it gives kids the ability to stop in.  I think you will see a
difference of traffic if you move.  Main office conveys discipline, not
what you are going for as a counselor.  That is my two cents!

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 9:23 AM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board
<counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

>   I am a first year counselor and I am debating about moving my office
> next year.  I am currently located in the Administration office.
> (Principal, Assistant Principal, and 2 secretaries)  I am the only
> Counselor at our high school.  I have the option to move my office away
> from the Admin Office toward the classroom hallways, my door would lead
> directly into the hallways.  Right now students can only access my office
> through the administration office.  I have thought about this all year but
> I have many pros and cons and can't decide if it would be beneficial or
> not.  I would like to hear some of the pros and cons of being in the
> Administration Office compared to not being in the Office. The counselors
> office used to be in the hallway office many years ago.  I don't know why
> it was moved into the Admin Office. Thanks for any advise.
>

> *April Chambers*
>
> *Counselor, M.Ed.*
>
> *Perkins-Tryon High School*
>
> *1003 E. Hwy 33*
>
> *Perkins, OK 74059*
>
> *(405)547-5724 ext. 17 <%28405%29547-5724%20ext.%2017>*

*Sabrina Wood*
*7th-12th School Counselor*
*Morrison Public School *
*P.O. Box 176 *
*Morrison, OK  73061*
*580.724.3307*

NOTICE: The information in this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential.  It is intended solely for the use of the individual
addressee or entity to whom it is addressed. Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and unlawful. Please notify the
sender immediately if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this e-mail from your system.