[Counselors] Counselor Office

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Mar 9 09:09:04 CDT 2015

This is such a great question. My office for the last 11 years has been behind the secretary's desk in the main office of our middle school. It sits next to the principals office which is off the hallway. Student's have to walk through the office for all to see to get visit with me. There is no door to the hallway so many times I am trapped in and don't get a break. You do get to see the coming and going on of all the office and be first to respond to a student who is sent there. You are getting to answer the phone, get band aids, homework, so you are more accessible any available to many, but it is very busy, noisy and distracting all day. You aren't able to start and finish any task in one setting sometimes even with your door closed. There are pro's and cons to both places.
--
Ginger Cummins
Seminole Middle School Counselor
gcummins at sps.k12.ok.us