[Counselors] Crisis Management and Suicide Prevention

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Sep 25 11:31:06 CDT 2015

Good morning Counselors,
It is sad that I have to share this kind of information but know it is very important in this day and age.

Polly Bredy, from Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, pbredy at caddokiowa.com<mailto:pbredy at caddokiowa.com>,  shared this with me regarding crisis management/suicide prevention and I wanted to share with you:

C/SARA Foundation
http://csarafoundation.com
Street Address:
C/SARA Foundation, Inc.
814 16th Avenue N.W.,
Ardmore, OK 73401

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1396
Ardmore, OK 73402

Phone our office:
580-226-7283 (on call 24hrs)
Fax: 580-226-7378

Connell Cox does the presentations.  They do presentations on Crisis Management for schools and the ASSIST training (suicide prevention).  Please see attached for ASSIST training dates.

Kim Turner,
Program Support
C/SARA Foundation
1 (580) 226 7283

Another resource for you is Henry Petree.  He is the Founder/Director of the "Oklahoma Education Critical Incident Network". The network responds to critical incidents on school campuses throughout Oklahoma.   He is also author of " Why are our kids killing kids" and "In Perspective" also the developer the game "Choices", a card game that teaches teens to make good choices, while having fun.

Specialties:  He has trained over 700 school counselors, law enforcement officers and others to respond to Critical Incidents throughout Oklahoma. Since 1999, he has maintained a statewide database of crisis counselors that respond to critical incidents on school campuses statewide. He has responded to hundreds of Critical Incidents from The Oklahoma City Bombing to 9/11.

Henry encourages not only counselors to attend his training, but pastors, law enforcement, firefighters-anyone that deals with crises.  His cost is $225.00 and his phone number is 918.816.1507.

Have a fantastic Friday and a restful weekend!

Lisa Nelson
Coordinator for Student Preparation
Cell phone: 580.614.1328
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything.
They just make the best of everything." ~Unknown