[Counselors] out of state students

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Apr 14 14:28:18 CDT 2016

This is from the SDE's website:
Students from Out-of-State
Students who transfer into Oklahoma after completing one or more of the courses that are required for the ACE Testing Requirements may use tests given in the state where they took the course, one or more alternate tests, one or more End-of-Course Projects, or the EOI exams to meet this requirement.
http://sde.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/documents/files/ACE%20Flowchart-Exceptions-Exemptions_rev.pdf

This is on the 2nd page of the above link.
[cid:image001.png at 01D19658.A46C6270]

You can also visit this page to see the list of tests for out of state approved tests, there are some listed for Kansas.

http://sde.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/documents/files/Out_of_State_Assessments_8202014.pdf

Tori Whitecotton, LPC, MED
Central Tech, High School Counselor
Drumright Campus
Tori.whitecotton at centraltech.edu
918-352-2551 x229

Other comments:

English 3 or another alternate exam score would suffice only if he previously completed the English 2 coursework in Kansas.

Student can take and pass Eng III EOI, and if proficient, apply it as an alternate for Eng II EOI.  Student will not have to test Eng II EOI.

Student can take and pass Eng III EOI, and if proficient, apply it as an alternate for Eng II EOI.  Student will not have to test Eng II EOI. A student who transfers from private school or home school has a slightly different ACE pathway.  It's on the OKSDE website under ACE Testing Exceptions and Exemptions.
Mary Beth Lykins
Counselor: 10-12, alpha HAN - PA
Booker T. Washington High School
Office: 918.925.1019
FAX: 918.925.1001
lykinma at tulsaschools.org<mailto:lykinma at tulsaschools.org>

I've called and asked this a couple of different times over the years. Melissa White told me multiple times that students only have to take the Oklahoma EOIs for courses they received instruction in Oklahoma. But we still have to record something for each course with a corresponding EOI.

Taken from the SDE's ACE Testing page...

Students from Out-of-State

Students who transfer into Oklahoma after completing one or more of the courses that are required for the ACE Testing Requirements may use tests given in the state where they took the course, one or more alternate tests,
one or more End-of-Course Projects, or the EOI exams to meet this requirement.
Courtney M. Lewellen
School Counselor
Shawnee High School
405.275.3631

*Visit the Class of 2018 **website!*
<http://teacherweb.com/OK/ShawneeHighSchool/CLewellen/apt24.aspx>

Original question:  I have a Junior who attended school in Kansas last year.  He did not take the English 2 EOI, but will take the English 3 next week.  Does he need to take the English 2 test as well? What about Biology and Geometry?  He took Algebra 1 here, so he has that test.