[Counselors] Weighted GPA

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Dec 12 15:22:56 CST 2016

We do not give weighted credit for college classes, because we can't be sure the instructors have completed a AP conference or if the type of assignments are comparable to the AP classes.

Melissa Poole
High School Counselor
Tecumseh Public Schools
Email poolem at tecumseh.k12.ok.us<mailto:poolem at tecumseh.k12.ok.us>
Phone: (405) 598-2113
Fax: (405)598-0394

We only weigh classes through class rank for AP/Dual courses. They have to take so many in order to graduate with honors.
anlaverty at woodwardps.net

Carl Albert High School does not weight concurrent or dual classes.

We weight all concurrent classes by .5 like a Pre-AP class in Mid-Del

We do not weight concurrent, because not all students can afford the fees associated with the classes.

Yes, we weight all college classes

We do not currently weight them but are planning to change that in our board policy for next year.  In my opinion, concurrent is more beneficial to students while still challenging them academically and my principal and supt agree.

At Bixby- Concurrent/PreAP/Honors/AP are all weighted at a 5 instead of a 4. AP students that take the AP exam for that course and pass it will have the weight of that class changed to a 6 the next fall  instead of a 5 to encourage them to take the exam.

We do not weight concurrent classes.  AP are the only classes which we weight.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:31 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion