[Counselors] EOI Projects

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Jan 14 08:32:34 CST 2016

Shawnee High School

This year we created a semester class for seniors who need to complete a project. We had about 15 students in the fall and 12 this spring. We used
an English teacher. Many of the students who need projects are on IEP. We have a few who are doing one with their IEP teacher in a lab class as
well.  Students have done English III, Algebra I & Biology primarily. We tried in the past to just assign an administrator to monitor the projects
but found that if students did not have a designated time to work on it they didn't get anything done.

The counselors have talked about starting juniors on projects in the spring if they have attempted a test twice and we believe they might not pass.  It
is pretty stressful to wait until the senior year to begin.  I don't know what we will do next year if we are short teachers due to budget and don't
have a teacher to devote to it. Our senior principal is the administrator responsible for projects.
Cindy Bartley
Counselor
Shawnee High School
1001 North Kennedy
Shawnee, OK  74804
(405)275-3631; fax (405)275-9501
cbartley at shawnee.k12.ok.us

We only allow seniors to do projects and they must have attempted an
    EOI exam at least twice

Guymon High
English 2&3 to our sheltered English classes. They may be juniors or seniors. We are in our 3rd or 4th year of it.
Teacher contact information is Vangie.Herrera at guymontigers.com

Live a life of porpoise; don't be a jellyfish satisfied where the world's tide takes you. Choose...

We are doing English III this year at Oklahoma Union.  It still counts for English II and III.