[Counselors] Modified Grading Scales

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Mar 30 13:14:28 CDT 2016

As with all IEP's, would be a team decision. I asked the same question to a person at the state department once and they leaned more toward modifying the content/amount rather than the grade, but overall it is up to the IEP
team. I have implemented a similar scale to the one discussed above before. Andrea Kunkel (I think she is state department) would be an excellent person to ask. She is well versed in special education law and requirements.

They may. Determined by IEP team. We have standardized ours for most but have a few that are unique to some.

Most end up with same 10-point scale as regular students for A-Ds with us extending the F range to a full 10 point as well. Currently our standard grading scale is only at a 5 point. We do have some of our more severely
disabled students at a modified scale down to the lowest F being 50.

Up to the IEP team to determine what is best for the student. It does not have to be for all classes and can pertain to just the one(s) needed. Technically, a student could have as many grading scales as there are
classes.
Dana Martin, M.Ed.
11th & 12th Counselor
Guymon High School
PO Box 1307
2002 N. James
Guymon, OK 73942
(580) 338-4350

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 10:17 AM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion