[Counselors] DTC Pay

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon May 2 15:18:47 CDT 2016

Guymon does not get a counselor stipend at the 5A level, instead we hired a full-time position for a district testing coordinator who organizes testing to varying degrees of all grades state tests. She does not administer tests but does do the leg work in determining who has to take what, when, and where with the EOIs. We as counselors still administer all tests in November, January, early April, and Spring window. The June retake window is organized by her but administered by one of our district admin who works in the summer. If it is any consolation, she is on an 11 month contract and gets paid $23,000. The change happened 4 years ago when one of our district admin had to give the June test and was unable to do her regular job. We had a testing coordinator by September 1st. The first year she was trained under me. The second year she just asked a few questions. The third year she would run things by us. And this year, we do whatever she says!

--
Dana Martin, M.Ed.
11th & 12th Counselor

$1500 per year. It is considered a stipend duty, meaning anyone can do it. In several buildings Instructional coaches, librarians and such are their BTC.