[Counselors] 8th Math Course

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed May 11 15:38:27 CDT 2016

We have 7th graders who are in Pre-AP math (pre-ap pre algebra). Regular pre-algebra is our regular 8th grade math class. Those students take only the 7th grade OCCT. We have 7th grade students that are in Algebra I and those students DO NOT take either the 7th or 8th grade test, they take the Algebra I EOI.  Hope that helps.

Annette Long

I do not have 7th graders taking 8th grade math, but I did have some 8th graders that took Algebra I and Geometry. They only took the Algebra I and Geometry EOIs for math. They were not required to take the 8th grade math
test.

I have 7th and 8th grade students Enrolled in Alg.1.  They take the Alg.1 EOI instead of the 7th/8th grade Math test.

Students only take the course test that they completed by being in class. If they took 7th and 8th math, they take both tests. I wish I had my 8th graders taking Algebra I also take 8th math to help our scores, but they couldn't test without taking the course.

Patricia Marlow
Calvin Public School
405-645-2411 X 1003
PO Box 127
229 Third Street
Calvin, Oklahoma 74531
A Zig Ziglar fan: " A smile is the most powerful social tool we have at our
disposal." " People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither
does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily."