[Counselors] Social Media Resources

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Sep 9 15:57:17 CDT 2016

Dr Cindy Dougherty is coming to my school to do a social media presentation.  She was at the Summer Institute last summer and I thought she was a great speaker!  She works for SWOSU and she only charged be
travel reimbursement.  Don't quote me but I think she will work with you if your school can not afford that.  Her contact is:
*Cindy Dougherty*
*Dean of Students*
*Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Phone: 580-774-3767 Work
*100 Campus Drive
Fax: 580-774-3034 <580-774-3034>*
*Weatherford, Oklahoma  73096
Phone: 580-302-3655 Cell

*April Chambers*
*Counselor, M.Ed.*
*Perkins-Tryon High School*
*1003 E. Hwy 33*
*Perkins, OK 74059*
*(405)547-5724 ext. 17*

We just had Dr. Cindy Dougherty, the Dean of Students at Southwestern Oklahoma State University come and speak to our 6th through 12th graders here in Guymon about using social media responsibly, and the ramifications
for misuse, such as sending compromising pictures of yourself or sharing them if you receive one, and stuff like that. It was good. She goes around sharing this information to other schools about once a week.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/fun-games/kids/kids-safety  FBI, play games, etc.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/internetsafety/children.html  national criminal justice...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/advice-on-child-internet-safety-10-universal-guidelines-for-providers ...advice<https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/advice-on-child-internet-safety-10-universal-guidelines-for-providers%20...advice> on child internet safety...top 10

Ms. Bivian Geno, M.Ed. | School Counselor
Parmelee Elementary | Oklahoma City Public Schools
6700 S. Hudson | Oklahoma City, OK 73139
(405) 587-6750

Lisa Snyder teaches Digital Media at Duncan High School and includes social media in at least one of the courses. You might contact her for resources.

Donna Deaton
Wister High School

Local law enforcement can sometimes help. Also, colleges may have a representative that could speak about social media safety!

Shyanne Gatrost, M.S. School Counseling
9-10 Grade Counselor
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D20A9C.9525E3F0]
Harding Charter Preparatory High School
3333 N. Shartel Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
405 .606 8742
                        www.hardingcharterprep.org<http://www.hardingcharterprep.org/>

Provide each student with an academically challenging educational experience through an Advanced Placement Curriculum, which will prepare graduates for success at a four year university.

Awesome, thank you for your insight!!!
Rebecca