[Counselors] Need some advice please

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Feb 13 14:09:31 CST 2017

Hello, I have a situation I would really appreciate & like your opinions & suggestions. We have 2 freshman who are dating, his dominate controlling behavior is now causing disruption in the classrooms, she cries all the time, won't participate in any activities, doesn't fix her hair, clothes have changed negatively, always walks around with her head down, because he says mean things to her if anyone looks at her or vice versa. I have visited with a few times trying to reach her, & teachers as well as myself are concerned of her safety of being physically abused once school is let out for the day. I have spoken with her mother she is trying to help her but doesn't know what to do, everything she has tried has failed. My principal has spoken with the father, the boy has been suspended.
Please help with any suggestions
Thank you all in advance!!