[Counselors] Semester Test exemption

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Jan 11 13:08:42 CST 2017

We did away with it and it greatly hurt our attendance.  We used to have
great attendance as students would do everything possible to stay in school
to avoid having to take semester tests. It offered an incentive. It has
made a huge difference in that attendance problems were not even on our
list of concerns in the past, whereas now it is an everyday problem and
students often seem to try to use up every one of their absences like they
are vacation/sick days. As far as cumulative tests, teachers have other
cumulative tests such as unit tests which they can use to practice study
skills for college.