[Counselors] DHS interviews with children at school

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Jan 25 09:01:41 CST 2017

What is your policy regarding DHS interviews with students?  We have always
allowed them access to the student without an employee present for the
interview.  My superintendent has now mandated that all interviews have a
counselor or certified staff present...the DHS worker yesterday was not
happy with this.  We do not have a policy that reflects someone has to be
present but he wants to move to that.  So I am not clear on what the
regulations are at this point.  I have made a call to DHS but I have not
heard back from them.  Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--

Go Tigers!!

Stacey Marchino, MA, LPC