[Counselors] Counselor Salaries

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue May 30 16:07:26 CDT 2017

Good afternoon,
Currently, I have been debating on whether or not to negotiate my contract a little.  I understand the state is in a budget crisis, but we have been very lucky to have gained almost 40 students last year and we will hold steady this year as well.  This is a personal question, so I COMPLETELY understand if counselors do not wish to disclose how much extra above a teacher salary they make, but I only make years experience at a teacher based salary with my Master’s.  I do not get any extra pay or stipends.  When the teachers go home, which this year it was the 19th, I have to stay until the 31st.  I am also expected to return August 1st and the teachers will not report this year until August 9th.  I want to be fair to my district and fair to myself.  Any responses will be appreciated!
ALL NAMES AND SCHOOLS WILL BE REMOVED FOR THIS RESPONSE.