[Counselors] Building master schedule

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Nov 30 15:47:44 CST 2017

Verbal input

I am in charge of our master schedule every year. Last year was my first year to create the master so I am not experienced very well yet. I would love input as well.

Good afternoon.  I work in Hugo at the High school.  They ask my opinion, but it many times gets changed for athletics.
Mattie McClenny, Hugo High School
mmcclenny at hugoschools.com<mailto:mmcclenny at hugoschools.com>

I've been in a school where I did the entire schedule.  I’ve been in a school where I had no input as to what was taught and when it was taught. Both have their pros and cons.
kpatterson at kingfisher.k12.ok.us<mailto:kpatterson at kingfisher.k12.ok.us>

Question:

How many of the counselors on this board are involved in the process of building the Master schedule each year?  If you are involved can you explain your level of involvement?  Just verbal input or build the entire thing on your own?
Tina Vercelli
Ardmore Middle School
Counselor