[Counselors] Preparation question for counselor board

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Oct 19 14:03:57 CDT 2017

Our ACT averages are some of the lowest in the state and with the OKSDE now aligning with national standards using ACT or SAT for the high school test, we are researching what other school districts are doing to improve classroom instruction, teacher buy-in, and parental/community support. The old way of doing things isn't working and our secondary teachers are open for ideas for improving instruction towards meeting the OKSDE new standards/cut scores. PLEASE comment on methods that are working for your school. Thank you!

--
Kathy Golay
School Counselor/ District Test Coordinator