[Counselors] AP Classes

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Sep 22 12:42:12 CDT 2017

Bartlesville requires a summer assignment.  However, I believe the assignment really is not due til after labor day, or earliest two weeks after school has started. .  A new student typically has time to read the book and do the assignment – if they apply effort

Hugo High School requires summer work and they test over the reading the first day of class.  We generally don't allow students to enter the class without the work complete.

Mattie McClenny

Not all of our AP classes require summer work, but some of ours do.  All of our PreAP and AP English classes do require summer work.  For those that move in over summer, they are given an extended deadline to complete the assignment.

*Sally Randolph*
Counselor, A-J
*Skiatook High School*
Skiatook, OK
918.396.1790 Ext 2409

*"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.*

Can I please find out how many districts require their students to do a summer assignment that will be counted as a  grade due on the 1st day of school for their AP classes (and PreAP English) ?  If so do you wave the summer assignment for a student that moves in or just give them extended time to complete the assignment. Thank you

--
Sandy M Thompson
Bixby High School