[Counselors] Resources for ACT

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Aug 22 13:49:10 CDT 2018

Our school district has purchased Study Island with the ACT and SAT test
prep add-on.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:04 PM OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor
Discussion Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> Can anyone share a few resources for ACT Prep?
>

> This question came across the discussion board this morning and you are
> welcome to add more comments; however, I would like to comment first.
>

> Every school has a great ACT prep resource-it’s your previous PreACT test
> booklets, your old EXPLORE and PLAN booklets along with your item response
> summary.  The IRR (Item Response Summary) has the “answers” for each
> question, the *(asterisk) is the correct answer.  Copy the English/Reading
> portion and give to English and history teachers, math and reading portion
> give to math teachers, science and reading portion give to science teachers
> along with each item response summary.  I know this seems like a lot, but
> it is at your fingertips.  DO NOT EVER THROW YOUR TEST BOOKLETS AWAY-use
> them.  A teacher can use a question a day in their classroom beginning in
> elementary!
>

> If you have students in a test prep class, give them their student report
> (you have a copy in their file) and their test booklet and help them to see
> their weaknesses and their strengths.  Find a subject teacher who has a
> passion about their subject and give them the IRR(item response summary)
> and their subject area from test booklet-it will help your students
> tremendously to see their weaknesses.  The resources are there-if you
> aren’t sure, don’t hesitate to contact us, the Student Prep Team.  You have
> a wealth of info at your fingertips!
>

> Also, here are some great online ACT Prep resources for grades Kdg-12th
> grade:  https://www.opened.com/ and  https://academy.act.org/  Please
> share these with your teachers.
>

> Please don’t hesitate to share other ideas about what you are using for
> ACT preparation-I just had to get this out as I heard earlier today that a
> counselor threw away all of her old test booklets-PLEASE DON’T GET RID OF
> THEM-USE THEM!! J
>

> Have a great day!
>
> *Lisa Nelson*
>
> Director of Student Preparation
>
> Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
>
> lnelson at osrhe.edu
>
> www.okhighered.org/student-prep
>
> Office:  405.225.9257
>
> Cell: 580.614.1328
>

> “This world is but a canvas to our imagination.” ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lee Ann Morris
School Guidance Counselor

Balko School
RR 1 Box 37
Balko, OK 73931
Ph: 580-646-3385
Fx: 580-646-3499

**Confidentiality**-This email (including attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary, and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.  Thank you.