[Counselors] FW: Schedules

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed May 16 11:32:25 CDT 2018

I create the master schedule before we leave for summer break....that is when my administration wants it.

We do pre-enrollment the end of January/February with the students. Parents come to enroll them starting around spring break. I create the schedules over the summer and then we stagger our schedule releases. We release Senior schedules 2 weeks before school starts, Juniors a couple days later, Sophomores a couple days after that and then we do a Freshman camp usually the Wednesday or Thursday before we start school.

April Chambers, M.Ed.
Perkins Tryon High School Counselor

John Marshall Mid-High School Oklahoma City Public Schools
We enroll in the spring along with building master schedule.  Our students will have schedules available by early June although they usually are not available for pick up until week before school starts allowing us time to enroll new students and level classes etc.

Joyce Parham

I do not leave until June 15th, so by then the master schedule is pretty complete...might have some teacher changes here and there but for the most part it is done.  I meet with all my Seniors and Juniors for next year by the 15th so have their schedule lined out and they can take all their documentation to the college for their concurrent courses done.

Danielle Tucker, M. ED.
Guidance Counselor
Navajo Schools
dtucker at navajo.k12.ok.us
580-482-7742

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi