[Counselors] FW: Spreadsheet

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Feb 22 13:50:23 CST 2019

If they scored basic, that's considered passing for the driver's license.

I was told that "basic" and above categories are considered  a "Pass" for the 8th grade reading score to count toward the driving permit. So in other words, only  the category of "below basic" does not qualify.

At the OSTP DTC training Monday, Feb 11 the SDE stated that since 2017 any student who achieves BASIC on their OSTP  meets the reading requirements for their driver’s license.

Does anyone know what the cut score was for the 8th grade reading test last year? I have a student trying to get his permit and I can't figure out if he passed or not.