[Counselors] Leadership Class

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue May 14 11:02:38 CDT 2019

When I was a counselor at my junior high, I taught a class from the State Regents that is excellent. At first it was called Pro Team, then changed to LEAP. I don't know if they still have a curriculum or not. It was supposed to be for students who wanted to be teachers.    Nancy Reed

This is the program from the Regents that Nancy Reed is referring to, now called Lead Oklahoma.  Please contact Missy Foster at 405-225-9197 or mfoster at osrhe.edu<mailto:mfoster at osrhe.edu> with any questions.  She would be glad to talk to anyone about it.

Lead Oklahoma
Lead Oklahoma is a leadership curriculum with a special emphasis on teaching as a career option. The curriculum is designed for middle/junior high school or high school students with leadership at its core. Lead Oklahoma teaches students about becoming a leader, identifying their own personality styles and strengths, benefits of getting a college education, cooperating with others and time management. Oklahoma students also practice community engagement and service learning. The students in Lead Oklahoma are encouraged to have a little buddy to mentor. A special emphasis on the advantages of teaching and being a teacher are also included in the course. The program comes with training, and curriculum is provided at no cost to the districts or schools.

My Superintendent is wanting me to develop a Leadership/Life Application class for an elective.  Do any of  you have a class that would be classified under this category? If you do, do you have syllabus or description outline that you would share with me? Anything would be helpful.   Please & thank you!

Kay Gilchrist

Counselor

Deer Creek-Lamont Schools

Lamont, OK 74643