[Counselors] FW: FW: Autism resources

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Nov 13 13:38:52 CST 2019

I am a former school counselor ow in private practice and can provide an hour and a half talk as well on ASD and some other similar disorders. Just let me know!
Kevin Tutty, LPC

ktutty1 at gmail.com

We have used Tara Warwick with Today's Therapy Solutions from OKC.  She is really good.  She is also an OT.  She also has a Facebook page "OT Toolbox" that has good resources.
Hope this helps.

The Child Study Center in Oklahoma City does some great workshops on autism, we have gone to many of them.
We also have found that one of the most helpful groups would be to get in OT’s to talk about sensory sensitivity and perspective.  If the teachers can start to understand how differently a child perceives different situations it would change how some of these parents view the schools.  Pam Moore and Wendy Huckaby from Able Kids Therapy would be my first suggestion.

I did one a few years ago online through ceu-hours.com.  You'll just have to search until you find one that fits what you're looking for.  The one I did gave a really good overview of all the disorders on the spectrum.

*Mary Pierce, Counselor*
*Bennington Public Schools

Needing some Prof dev on autism. Any suggestions?