[Counselors] FW: Vaping resource

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Oct 22 14:22:48 CDT 2019

We had our students watch a recent news clip of about all the mystery respiratory illness followed by classroom discussion &/or group discussion facilitated by advisory teachers.  They covered key points and why it's such a risk for HS students.   Some teachers chose to break into groups and had each group do research and present their findings, concerns, and solutions to the rest of their class over a few days.
There was a recent 11 minute podcast on NPR Up first that would work for this purpose.   Here is the link:  https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubnByLm9yZy9yc3MvcG9kY2FzdC5waHA_aWQ9NTEwMzE4&episode=OWIzMWFlZGQtMGZkYy00ZTBmLWJiMWYtNzMxN2NlNzk3MDYx&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjyur-QwbDlAhVInKwKHQZsCr0QieUEegQIABAI&ep=6&at=1571769384436

We are showing,
Teen was in a fight for her life after vaping a cartridge a day-Nightline (type that all into youtube)

Teamwork makes the dream work!
Kaylee Burchardt, M.Ed.
Chandler Public Schools
Elementary Counselor