[Counselors] For HS counselors - regarding concurrent enrollment

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Apr 9 13:34:21 CDT 2020

Good afternoon,
I do hope and pray that you and your family are well during this time.  I know it is very hard to try and do the work from your home that you need to do at the end of the school year!  Hang in there!  😊

I do have some questions that I hope you all can help us with:  Annette and I will be talking with some institutions sharing ideas regarding how to encourage more students to sign up for concurrent enrollment.

Please share your responses to some or all of these questions.  I’ll compile them and send them back in one list for all to see.  Thank you in advance 😊

  1.  Are you having success reaching all of your HS students?
  2.  If so what is the best method of contact? Phone, email??
  3.  Did you have students indicating they wanted to enroll in concurrent enrollment before this pandemic?
  4.  Are the students you are communicating with still showing interest in concurrent enrollment for summer/fall semester?
  5.  What do you see as the barriers to enrolling in concurrent enrollment in this unique time?

If you have any other comments or thoughts, please let us know.  We want to help you help your students 😊

Thank you again for your time!
Take care! 😊
Lisa Nelson
Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Office:  405.225.9257
Cell: 580.614.1328

β€œTrue happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self.”~Joseph Addison