[Counselors] CPR requirement

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Apr 21 15:44:34 CDT 2020

It has been waived (medical exemption) by the state. There is specific wording that should go on the transcript of the students who did not get their CPR prior to March 12th.
Brittani Mahan
Lead Counselor
Class of 2020

This is what Petra Woodard sent to me: For seniors receiving this exemption, print the following on the student's transcript: "Student received an exemption from CPR/AED instruction typically required for graduation purposes."
Petra Woodard, M.Ed.
Executive Director of Academic Counseling
Oklahoma State Department of Education
2500 N. Lincoln Blvd. Suite 112
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4599
Office: (405) 522-0031
Fax: (405) 522-0496

State is waving the requirements this year. We added a statement to the bottom of our senior transcripts that says State assessments and CPR requirements were waived by the State Board of Education.  We are only adding to those who did not complete all requirements

Melissa Poole
High School Counselor
Tecumseh Public Schools
Email poolem at tecumseh.k12.ok.us
Phone: (405) 598-2113
Fax: (405)598-0394

We were told to document with CPR- Medical Waiver

I believe I read on the OSDE FAQ that with COVID 19 they are waiving that
requirement this year.

*Dawn Wallace, M.Ed.*
*School Counselor*
*Okmulgee High School*
*dwallace at okmulgeeps.com <dwallace at okmulgeeps.com>*
*918-758-2075 Ext. 3114*

QUESTION:
We had most of our seniors finished with CPR requirement, but still need to finish a few. What are others doing to meet this requirement during distance learning?