[Counselors] Grading policy

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Dec 1 11:40:33 CST 2020

 Although it is not written into policy, our teachers are encouraged to
take a minimum of two grades each week.  They are at liberty to weight
their assignments to their specifications.  The semester test can't exceed
1/7 of the total points for the semester.  Our grades are cumulative
throughout the semester.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 11:32 AM OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor
Discussion Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> We are looking at changing our grading policy. Do you have a set grading
> policy for your district? Does each teacher have a say in how their grading
> is done? Examples: Tests 60% and Homework 40%. 18 grades per semester. No
> grade over 20% of the total grade.
>
> Sharla Sharp, NBCT
> Covington-Douglas Schools
>
> School Counselor