[Counselors] [**EXTERNAL**] Careers / Soft Skills curriculum

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Jul 31 21:12:34 CDT 2020

okcareerguide has some great lesson plans and a curriculum called Direct
your future which is also really good.  It's completely free and they will
provide free training for you and your staff to walk you through their site
and all it's career assessments and tools. It is very informative and
engaging.  There are also tools within the administrator site that can
allow you to assign and track student progress towards their personal ICAP
(okcollegestart also offers much of this).  I have used it for years with
elementary through high school age students.   You can visit this website
for more information.  It looks like they aren't currently doing in person
training, but perhaps they could arrange something virtually?  Even if you
don't utilize the full program, it's a great resource to be aware of and
utilize with your students in the ICAP process.
https://www.okcareertech.org/educators/career-and-academic-connections/ok-career-guide/ok-career-guide-training/ok-career-guide-training-hands-on-and-on-demand

Tori Whitecotton, LPC, MED
Midwest City Middle School Counselor

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 2:47 PM OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor
Discussion Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> Can anyone share online curriculum you use in middle school for a careers
> and soft skills elective class? Or if someone has created a class in google
> classroom that they would be willing to share? Thank you in advance.
> --
> *Dawn Wallace, M.Ed.*
> *Assistant Principal/Instructional Coach*
> *Dunbar Intermediate School*
> Office *918-758-2020 Ext. 5102*
> Mobile *918-706-3561*
> *dwallace at okmulgeeps.com <dwallace at okmulgeeps.com>*

*This is a staff email account managed by Mid-Del Public Schools.  This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.*