[Counselors] Virtual student questions

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Jan 12 09:26:03 CST 2021

We changed our policy based on 1st semester experience.
Also, we are not using Edgenuity. We use google classrooms with all our
students. We are a 3A school.
However, this could be adjusted to those using an online format.
Students must check in twice per week with the teacher (various ways to do
that:, usually email is easiest) and weekly assignments must be completed
by Sunday @ 11:59 p.m. Teachers are to put in 0s for incomplete
assignments. If 0 assignments are completed in a 15 day period, then the
student is considered truant & issued a citation. Also, grade of 60% must
be maintained. If a student is on ineligible list for 3 weeks, then the 4th
week, they will be considered truant & citation issued. (Parent/student
contact will be made prior to issuing a citation.) (Also, our policy is
students can not be given an F as a final grade, unless they have been
placed on the ineligible list for 1-2 weeks prior to the end of semester.
This requires teachers to put in the 0s for incomplete assignments.)

For those contemplating if an F or Incomplete should be transcripted. At
the HS level, my recommendation is to transcript an F. Let them move on to
Sem 2 courses. Then they can complete Credit recovery when it is offered.
We are offering Seniors the first opportunity at credit recovery. Some
students may have to complete credit recovery next year.