[Counselors] voc rehab

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Oct 12 11:08:49 CDT 2021

If your child is on an IEP, you should be referred your freshman year to the Voc Rehab counselor in your area. There is a seperate counselor in the state for Vision Impairment if that is the disability that you are applying  for Voc Rehab with. I was a Special Ed teacher for 13 years and referred hundreds of students for Voc Rehab.  My daughter received Voc Rehab for severe asthma.  If you are native, you may also qualify for Chickasaw Voc Rehab. That is what my daughter used before the funds w/ Voc Rehab became available. (There is sometimes a wait time due to the amount of students receiving assistance.)  It also helps pay for living expenses while in college (dorms/rent), books, and lab fees. Hope this helps.