[Counselors] FW: AP Program

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Feb 7 09:40:38 CST 2022

Our concurrent numbers are increasing, too. From my viewpoint,  I feel students are moving in this direction due to the variables offered in a COVID-stymied world.  With free tuition, it is also a way to decrease future borrowing.  Our Community College has developed 4 pathways for high school students to choose from on their dual credit journey.  Savvy students know that they can get a full credit in a single semester without registering and paying for annual AP test fees for many tests.  Students can leave high school with a year of college credit and complete an Associate Degree the year after graduation, or matriculate to university as a sophomore.  That essentially cuts out 25% of the cost of a degree with dual credits.  If they stay another year at Community College, they can decrease the cost of a bachelor's degree by 50%.  This generation has heard all the negatives of borrowing and college debt - they are listening and exploring options.  They are increasingly choosing to complete their diploma with one foot on their HS campus and one foot on their future campus.
​Mary Beth Lykins, M.Ed
Serving students 10-12, alpha H-Pa
lykinma at tulsaschools.org<mailto:lykinma at tulsaschools.org>
Office: 918.925.1019
FAX: 918.925.1001

Absolutely! Our district is paying books and fees. Concurrent enrollment is free. Really free.
Alicia Brierton
Counselor Kr through Ri
Eisenhower High School
Phone: (580)355-9144 Ext. 3014
Fax: (580)585-6329
"For I know the plans I have for you…to give you a future full of hope.”