[Counselors] Concurrent Policy Shares

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Jul 25 14:19:49 CDT 2022

 I have a couple questions regarding concurrent enrollment:
1) Would anyone be willing to share their Concurrent Enrollment Policy & Contract - for students/parents to sign
2) Would anyone be willing to share their Dual Enrollment Equivalency - example,
     Do you count Comp I and Comp II as English 3 or English 4 for HS credit?
     Do you require college US History up to 1877 AND 1877 to Present to count as 1 full HS credit?
     Do you give 1 full HS credit for a semester of College Algebra?
Thank you!

Attached is the policy for Edmond Public Schools. (See Attachment)

I do not have a contract for parents/students to sign but our regional colleges (SEOSU & EOSC) do, I have to sign it as well stating the number of courses the student is enrolled in at the high school. The students/parents/myself have to sign one for every semester they take concurrent courses.

Every college concurrent semester course taken is given a semester's credit at high school (.5) for us. They are weighted electives, unless they are acting as dual credit, in which case they are unweighted.  In our district, for dual credit, Comp I replaces fall Eng IV and Comp II replaces spring Eng IV.