[Counselors] Why of SEL Resources

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue May 31 09:15:58 CDT 2022

Hi! My principal is wanting to give our teachers a summer reading assignment to help them understand the "why" behind the importance of SEL as well as help them figure out how to incorporate SEL into their classroom. Does anyone have any suggestions? We serve PK-8th

Sanford Harmony SEL is a free curriculum.

As for a book to address the "why," I'd use Help for Billy or The Deepest Well! Hope Rising by Chan Hellman (an Oklahoma boy!) is another great one!

The curriculum "The Best Me" out of the hope initiative at OU is great!